Do you know how to market your HVAC business effectively in a world of flashy advertising? It’s okay, most service professionals don’t. After all, when you’re trading time and labor for money, this doesn’t leave much room for contriving HVAC marketing strategies.
Continue reading to learn four easy HVAC marketing steps you can take to gain more customers and general interest in your contracting business.
A No-Frills HVAC Marketing Approach
1. Create a Free Listing on service.com
The best way to get started with HVAC marketing is by listing your services online so that potential customers in your area can easily find you. People search for HVAC services online in order to find reputable contractors near them that can get the job done.
One of the places that customers search for contractors is in an online directory dedicated to home repair contractors such as service.com.
It’s a simple way for you to get free leads and display your business information so that homeowners can find you when they search for HVAC services by zip code.
Here is how you benefit when you sign up as a pro on service.com.
- Marketing power— You get free leads and benefit from the marketing power behind Service’s website. The website is constantly gaining new users to whom they can market your HVAC business listing.
- Online chat—The online chat tool and app enable you to have easy, streamlined communication with your customers. This prevents confusion and helps you keep a record of conversations and schedule appointments.
- Online payment—You get paid via credit or debit. Service.com makes payment processing easy and helps you bring late accounts current. No cash or check involved.
- Dispute assistance—Should you enter a dispute with your customer, project managers are there to help settle the issue.
- Personalized web page—You get your own personalized URL via service.com, which displays a web page dedicated to marketing your HVAC business.
If you do one thing today to start marketing your HVAC business, take three minutes to list your business on service.com for free right now.
2. Ask for Referrals
Aside from service.com, referrals are your best bet when it comes to local HVAC marketing.
A satisfied customer is your biggest asset. Tell them at the end of each job that you would deeply appreciate any referrals they can give. To make it easier for them, provide an incentive. For instance, if they refer a friend, both of them get a discount off their next service with you.
You know what helps to communicate this? Business cards!
3. Create a Business Card
A business card will be an integral part of your HVAC marketing strategy. Create a business card with your name, business name, services, and your personal service.com page URL (where they can contact you). The URL will be provided to you when you sign up for service.com.
You can even keep a second set of cards that have discount offers on them for the customers who refer their friends. Hand a few of these to your customers when you start or finish a job so that they can share them with their family and friends.
Another idea is to print a customer testimonial on the back of your card. Whatever you choose to print on your card, don’t clutter it, and make sure it’s easy to read.
Not sure how to get a business card? Type “order business cards” into Google and you’ll find plenty of affordable, if not free, (and even free) services that will walk you through the process.
4. Use Your Vehicle as Signage
Wrapping your vehicle with HVAC business advertising is an investment, but it’s a continuous form of advertising that pays off in the long run. Once you have the graphics on your vehicle, it serves as a moving advertisement everywhere you drive around town.
Make sure your contact information is easy to read. It should be simple for people to jot down and/or take a photo of for future reference.
Implement Your HVAC Marketing Strategy Today!
Now that you know HVAC marketing is pretty straightforward, get started today with service.com! It’s fast, free and easy.